Fiduciaries for the Future
At Bank of Nature, we want to engage with pension fund and endowment fiduciaries who share our view that they have an opportunity to lead us toward climate security as Fiduciaries for the Future.
Stewardship and fiduciary duty, rather than Wall Street speculation, can put finance back in the hands of fiduciaries who have the financial scale to address the crisis and still meet their minimum returns. We call that fiduciary finance.
Fiduciaries for the Future is our dedicated group that helps Bank of Nature create the opportunities that make sense for both fiduciaries with vision and a long-horizon human-life sustaining nature — for current and future generations.
Fiduciaries for the Future believe:
- That as fiduciary owners of pensions an endowments we have a fiduciary duty of intergenerational loyalty to the future of our current beneficiaries and also to the future of our future beneficiaries
- That our populations of current and future beneficiaries are so large, and so representative of the population at large, that our fiduciary duty to their future is, de facto, a fiduciary duty to the future of everybody, not individually, but in society
- That our fiduciary duty of intergenerational loyalty to the future of society requires us to “first do no harm” through our investments; that is, we are affirmatively required by our fiduciary duty NOT to make investments in the present that common sense prudence teaches can reasonably be expected to have negative adverse consequences for society in the future
- That our fiduciary duty of intergenerational loyalty to the future of society affirmatively requires us to actively seek out and fund investments in the present that common sense prudence tells us can reasonably be expected to positively contribute to the possibilities for all people to live well, and with dignity, in the future
- That prudently investing in the future of society is the only properly prudent way for us to constantly, consistently and reliably deliver current benefits to our current beneficiaries in the present, because the future is tomorrow’s present.
As large, programmatic and intergenerational fiduciary owners of society’s shared savings, Fiduciaries for the Future have the power and the technology to negotiate with enterprise of any kind and any size, directly, financing enterprise values through negotiated agreement on prioritizing cash flows for social and environmental justice in the conduct of commerce.
Fiduciaries for the Future choose to use our power as institutional intergenerational fiduciary owners of society’s shared savings to negotiate with enterprise directly on formulas for sharing in cash flows that are prioritized for social and environmental justice in the present and the future, both equally.